Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stuff

We parked our bikes in a corner. Maurya took a big gulp and finished his beer.

"Are you guys sure?" asked Rahil, who normally was very sure about things like these. Bad things, I mean.

"Eh, let's go," Maurya said and we followed him, each carrying an empty beer bottle in his hand.

It was pitch dark, about 2 a. m. and the streets were empty. We reached our college's main gate. It was locked. Maurya went to the left side of the wall and we followed him. We walked a while until he stopped. There was a big block there. We could easily climb over it and enter our college.

"What the fuck, man. Are we seriously doing this?" Rahil asked again.

"Dude, we've come all this way. Don't pussy out now man," said Maurya.

I said, "So, what? We all are going in? What if the watchman wakes up? What if cops come? If we get caught..."

Maurya cut me off. "Pananth, if you want to be a pussy, you can stay outside and look. We don't need you."

"I never said..." I started, but was cut off again.

It was Rahil this time. He said, "Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll stay with him. You guys are drunk, re. How can we all escape at once?"

Vivek, who was silent all this while, suddenly started laughing. "You are also pussying out, baap? Why do you have to be a chooth after coming all this way? Pananth tho is a chooth. Why are you being one too?"

"Arre baap, you guys go in and we'll look out for cops. We'll get the bikes also. Once we hear a sound, we'll be ready."

Vivek turned to Maurya and said, "These guys will remain chooths, dude. Let's go." He gave one disapproving look at Rahil and started climbing. Maurya took the empty beer bottles and glared at me. "All because of you, Pananth," he said and gave that evil grin he reserves especially for me. Then, he paused, picked up a bulky looking stone, and gave it to Vivek. "You got a good arm. We are breaking the pricipal office's windows," he said. Vivek gave his trademark smirk, took it and climbed in.

"Alright, we all are in it together. If you get caught, . We'll come in," the leader in Rahil finally spoke.

"Alright," Maurya grunted before climbing in.

Rahil and me went to the corner and started our bikes.

"Dude, I'm freaking out," I said.

"Shut up, dude," Rahil said.

It was quite for a while. We heard a horn, probably some lorry's, but nothing else. Then we heard it. First, it was the beer bottles. I could hear all four of them, smashed, maybe on the walls.

We could hear yelling. "Ayeeee, EVARADI?" The watchman must've got up.

Then another sound. This time, it was a thud sound. Nothing broke.

We heard scruyying footsteps. Then we saw Maurya climb out. Vivek couldn't on the first attempt. Maurya pulled him up and he climbed out too. More yelling followed.

They both sat on the bikes and we zoomed off.

Vivek was sitting behind me. "The fucking glass didn't break, man."

"That's fucked up, dude," I said. "Did the watchman see you?"

"Eh, it was too fucking dark, man. But he was pissed baap," Vivek said and grinned.

Rahil and Maurya joined us. "Where to?" I asked.

"Chintal Basti," Maurya screamed over the piercing wind. He wanted another beer. And so, we went.

We heard a distant siren later, but nothing else.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment